How to make Alpiste Milk - Canary Seed Milk Recipe
Traditionally known as leche de alpiste or canary seed milk, is a great choice for those who are lactose intolerant or an alternative to soy milk. Rich in fatty acids and nutrition, enjoy canary seed milk as a part of your daily health care.
- Soak 32g or 1/4 cup of Alpiste Canary Seeds in a glass of water overnight. This softens the seed and activates an enzyme that helps break down fats.
- Next morning drain the seeds and dispose of the soak water.
- In a blender add 1 liter or .26 gal. of fresh water to the soaked seeds and blend on high for 2 min or until the water turns white.
- Strain through a cloth strainer or nut milk bag to remove seed shells.
- Mix in 1/4 tsp of salt (optional)
- Sweeten with maple syrup or honey to taste
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days
- Enjoy hot or cold
Add some cinnamon or vanilla for extra flavor. Keeping your canary seed milk sugar free is best. Avoid adding sweeteners, especially refined sugar, as it damages the enzymes in canary seeds and deactivates their properties.
If your goal is to reduce bad cholesterol levels consume one cup of in the morning and a second before going to sleep for a maximum of 10 days then stop treatment.
For health maintenance enjoy 3 cups of alpiste milk per week for ongoing health maintenance.
Add Alpiste seeds to cereals, baking, smoothies etc. for added nutrition and health benefits.
Alpsite has been tested to be gluten-free and safe for individuals with celiac disease.
Alpiste may contain a protein similar to a wheat allergen protein and may not be suitable for those with a wheat allergy.